Sophisticated Tax Attorneys in Bergen County, New Jersey
Interaction with taxing authorities can be both distressing and unsettling. Much of the stress can be minimized with an experienced tax law attorney on your side. The tax department of Goldman, Davis & Gutfleish, P.C. is committed to protecting the financial and legal interests of clients facing the IRS. Contact our tax lawyers to have our power, skill and perseverance on your side.
Our taxation team provides comprehensive legal representation in every aspect of tax matters including:
- Business and individual Internal Revenue Service and State Tax examinations, IRS audits and disputes
- Estate and Inheritance tax audits and disputes (including estate tax planning)
- Tax Court petition filing
- Preparation of comprehensive protests
- Private Letter Rulings
- Settlement negotiations at the agent and appeal office levels
- Preparation of offers in compromise (OIC)
- Installment agreements
- Bankruptcy protection from collection procedures
- Criminal investigations ranging from failure to file a tax return to tax shelter evasion schemes
Working directly with our clients and indirectly in conjunction with accountants and specialists, our tax team focuses their efforts on strategic and tactical decisions at the onset of an inquiry to assist clients in avoiding or minimizing tax exposure, thereby limiting our client’s litigation expense.
Why Hire a Tax Attorney?
When facing the IRS, it is important to consider whom you will trust to resolve the problem – a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or an experienced taxation lawyer? While a CPA may be capable of providing informative advice regarding your financial status and the matter at hand, a tax law attorney can provide honest advice, informative answers and practical solutions informed by a deep understanding of the Internal Revenue Code and regulations (including the ambiguous areas which can be disputed).
Whether your tax matter is complex and involves your business interests or is personal and involves your family, our tax department is uniquely suited to meet your legal needs.
Contact us to experience our responsive service and our skilled, knowledgeable representation. All consultations with our tax attorneys are confidential.